CREATE SIGNATURE RECIPES WITH A UNIQUE BLEND OF PARBOILED RICE, WILD RICE AND VEGETABLES
Premium parboiled rice, select wild rice and chunky vegetables are completely blended together for easy preparation and flexible serving yields. There is no seasoning added, so create a unique and healthy plate presentation by substituting this colorful rice blend for regular white or brown rice.
For Garden Harvest Salad:
To 3 cups cooked and cooled Garden Harvest Rice, add 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup sliced green olives, 1/4 cup green onion, and 1/2 to 1 cup prepared Italian salad dressing. Chill and serve.
1. Combine boiling water, butter, rice and seasoning in shallow baking pan. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly and bake in 350ºF. oven until most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes in conventional oven or 25 minutes in convection oven.
3. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
STOVE TOP METHOD
1. Bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning. Reduce heat.
2. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer rice and all remaining liquid to serving pan. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
• For firmer rice, decrease water and cooking time slightly.
• For softer rice, increase water and cooking time slightly.
• Leftover rice may be refrigerated.
• To reheat, add 1/4 cup hot water per quart of cooked rice. Cover and heat on low temperature.
• Can be reheated without extra water in microwave or in colander over boiling water.
To find foodservice recipe options from the Think Rice website, browse here.