POPULAR BLEND OF PARBOILED RICE, WILD RICE & SEASONINGS COMPLEMENTS ANY ENTREE
A favorite blend of premium parboiled rice, select wild rice and seasonings that accompanies most any entree perfectly. Vegetarian. Pre-measured ingredients for easy prep and consistency.
- PLAIN – Perfect for vegetarians or as an accompaniment to grilled steak or seafood, shish kabobs, baked pork, fish or poultry.
- STUFFING/DRESSING – To prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice fold in (to taste) finely-chopped onions, celery, mushrooms, parsley and water chestnuts; season with sage or poultry seasoning. (For dressing, bake in a 350°F oven 20-30 minutes.)
- ENTREE – Combine prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice with chunks of cooked chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp; add chopped cooked onions, mushrooms, celery, and herbs.
- TIMBALE – Mold prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice in timbale mold; invert onto plate and serve garnished with fresh herbs.
- APPETIZER – For stuffed fresh mushroom, combine prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice with chopped onion and green pepper. Drizzle stuffed mushrooms with melted butter and broil.
To retain vitamins do not rinse or drain after cooking.
1. Combine boiling water, butter, rice and seasoning in shallow baking pan. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly and bake in 350ºF. oven until most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes in conventional oven or 25 minutes in convection oven.
3. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
STOVE TOP METHOD
1. Bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning. Reduce heat.
2. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer rice and all remaining liquid to serving pan. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
To find foodservice recipe options from the Think Rice website, browse here.
• Other Producers Products •
Contact Foodservice/Consumer Products Office
Contact us so we can get you talking to the right person and get you the information you need.
523 Louisiana Street, Suite M200
Little Rock, AR 72201