ENJOY THIS COLORFUL COMBINATION OF PARBOILED RICE, WILD RICE & VEGETABLES
A colorful blend of carrots, celery, parsley and seasonings combined with premium parboiled rice and select wild rice with a savory chicken base. Pre-measured ingredients for easy prep and consistency.
- PLAIN - As an accompaniment to grilled steak or seafood, shish kabobs, pork, fish, or poultry.
- STUFFING/DRESSING - To prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice Garden Blend fold in (to taste) finely-chopped sautéed onions, celery or mushrooms; parsley or water chestnuts. Season with sage or poultry seasoning. (For dressing, bake in 350°F oven 25-30 minutes.)
- ENTREE – Combine prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice Garden Blend with chunks of cooked chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp; add chopped cooked onions, mushrooms, celery, and herbs.
- TIMBALE – Mold prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice Garden Blend in timbale mold; invert onto plate and serve garnished with fresh herbs.
- APPETIZER - For stuffed fresh mushroom, combine prepared Long Grain & Wild Rice Garden Blend with chopped onion and green pepper. Drizzle stuffed mushrooms with melted butter and broil.
To retain vitamins do not rinse or drain after cooking.
1. Combine boiling water, butter, rice and seasoning in shallow baking pan. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly and bake in 350ºF. oven until most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes in conventional oven or 25 minutes in convection oven.
3. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
STOVE TOP METHOD
1. Bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning. Reduce heat.
2. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer rice and all remaining liquid to serving pan. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
To find foodservice recipe options from the Think Rice website, browse here.
Contact Foodservice/Consumer Products Office
Contact us so we can get you talking to the right person and get you the information you need.
523 Louisiana Street, Suite M200
Little Rock, AR 72201